Muscle cramps are a runner’s nightmare.
One moment you’re flying in your zone, and very next moment you’re hobbled in pain, your race goals goes down the drain.
There can be many reasons for this situation:
- Dehydration or electrolyte loss
- Altered neuromuscular control because of fatigue
- Running at a faster pace relative to their current state of training
- Chronic illness, family history, and certain medications
Each runner has different requirements, one needs to identify & implement appropriate solution which could be:
- Right training
- Hydrating well
- Right fueling
- Strategic pacing
When it comes to investing, cramps have a different definition.
It can be defined as a pain or discomfort in the portfolio that can happen due to:
- Inappropriate allocation of funds, portfolio overweight on particular asset class such as real estate or investing without purpose and so on
- Liquidity crunch
- No defined time frame or objective
- Paying attention to market noises; TV, newspaper etc
Can these cramps in investment portfolio be avoided?
Yes, cramps can be avoided.
What can be possible solution ?
- Have a BUCKET STRATEGY in place to meet your CASH FLOW requirements
- Invest with a GOAL, MULTI YEAR TIME FRAME & VOLATALITY ( DIS) COMFORT
- Do invest in what that gives you sound sleep
- Always remember – What’s good for Mr. Kumar MAY NOT BE GOOD FOR YOU
- RING FENCE your assets
- Have a LIABILITY and CONTINGENCY solution in place
- Keep in mind, YOUR EARNING YEARS are FIXED, however EXPENSES will COMPOUND
- Keep your debt in check – ideally one should be DEBT FREE by age 45-48 yrs
There’s no right or wrong approach to mage investing cramps. One has to learn to make friends with cramps (Volatility) and treat these as market cycles.
Content : Ajit Kaushal